Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Arthur

I recently had the opportunity to follow and photograph a patient through his surgery and into the recovery phase. This is the first time I have been able to follow a patient through like this. I more commonly spend my time doing public relations photography and photos of crew - less of patients due to my schedule with the kids and the unpredictable, sporatic nature of doing before and after photos of patients.

Below is (1) a photo of baby Arthur before surgery on the ship to remove his tumor, (2) a photo of our good friend Fotios, a Greek-German anesthesiologist who has since returned to his family and work in Germany (we enjoyed getting to know him and hope to see him again!!), carrying Arthur into surgery, (3) a photo of the surgeons praying for Arthur before the first incision in the O.R., and (4) a photo of Arthur about a week after his surgery.


Amazing things are happening here!

John

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is "WOW!" GOD is GOOD! That is amazing!