Sunday, May 18, 2008

Guess what I found!

As we were packing up the contents of the cedar chest in preparation for moving day, I came across my journal that I kept as a teenager. Very interesting reading!

Entry dated March 10, 1988-Thursday-
I also need His(the Lord's) guidance to know what to do after graduation(from high school). I have no idea! I want to go to a two-year college and earn an AD in nursing, then go onto the Mercy Ships, which is a ministry that takes crews of all kinds of people to places like Haiti to minister the gospel and care for the sick. That would include all three of my desires for a life career; nursing, sailing, and going to Haiti to nurse. The only thing is, I thought I would only be able to go with somebody, either a friend or a husband. And, guess what I found out last night! ____ (a crush who shall remain nameless!) is a medical person. He's a surgeon's assistant! When I learned that, I was so excited! I thought, "Lord, is this a husband to go with me on the Mercy Ship?

Well, things didn't work out with ____. Thank goodness! The Lord had John Rolland picked out for me! And I did receive an associates degree in nursing from a two-year college, Forsyth Technical Community College, in Winston-Salem, NC where I was when I met John. And now, after all these years, we and our three children are ready to begin service with Mercy Ships!

Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Amen!

Jenny

No comments: